Delicious pan fried oyster mushrooms glazed in honey and butter. This easy recipe for pan fried oyster mushrooms can be used as a side dish to a wide variety of dishes. The fried oyster mushrooms can also be added to this Spicy Oyster Mushroom Burger
The recipe can also be used for other mushrooms such as shiitake, button mushrooms or portobello. They, like oyster mushrooms, also tolerate high heat.
Pan Fried Oyster Mushrooms
- 500 grams (1 pound) oyster mushrooms, or other mushrooms
- 2-3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- Brush the oyster mushrooms clean and cut the largest in half.
- Heat up neutral oil on a large pan. Turn up the heat to high.
- Place the oyster mushrooms in a single layer on the pan, frying just a small part at a time. They should be golden on both sides. This takes about 3-5 minutes. If the pan is dry, add a little extra oil to prevent burning. When the mushrooms are done, transfer them to a dish and fry the next mushrooms in the same way.
- When all the mushrooms are golden, return them to the pan and turn down the heat. Add 2-3 peeled, whole garlic cloves and a tablespoon of butter and stir well. When the butter has melted, drizzle the honey over all the mushrooms and stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.