This wild garlic barbecue marinade is a delicate marinade great for any type of meat or vegetables.
What better way to embrace spring than by barbecuing your favorite meat or vegetables marinated in this delicious wild garlic marinade? Spring for me is when the first wild garlic leaves sprout, and you can smell the strong, delicate smell of garlic in the woods. When the wild garlic leaves have grown large enough, I forage the green leaves and start imagining what I will cook with them. Since we often barbecue on our terrace, I developed this wild garlic marinade that contains all my favorite ingredients.
This wild garlic barbecue marinade consists of wild garlic leaves, olive oil, herbs, chili, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. It is perfect as a marinade for meat, chicken, vegetables, or fish either cooked in the oven or grilled on the barbecue. You can marinate the meat the night before you need it so that it can really absorb the flavors from the wild garlic marinade.
Wild Garlic Marinade
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) olive oil , extra virgin
- 0.5 ounces (30 grams) wild garlic leaves, chopped coarsely
- 3 sprigs thyme or oregano
- 1 small red chili
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Deseed the red chili and chop finely.
- Use a mortar to combine wild garlic leaves, herbs, chili, salt, and pepper until it becomes a paste.
- In a small bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, and wild garlic paste and mix well.
- Use the wild garlic marinade on fish, meat, vegetables, or chicken.