In this alternative homemade pesto, almonds, parsley and parmesan cheese come together in a fantastic pesto that is rich in umami flavor. Parsley is an amazingly popular herb that is packed with vitamins and minerals that is extremely good for your body.
Try this parsley pesto as a spread in a sandwich, in a pasta dish or in a caprese salad
Homemade parsley pesto with almonds and parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch broad-leaved parsley
- 50 grams (1/3 cup) almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 deciliter (3/8 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 75 grams (2.6 oz) parmesan
- Pepper, freshly ground
- Place all ingredients in a blender or foodprocessor and process until the consistency turns into a coarse pesto.