Do you also love Mexican cuisine? Soft tacos with mushrooms is a recipe I make over and over again. This type of taco is filled with fried brown beech mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms, oyster mushrooms, spicy guacamole, cheddar cheese, spring onions, and a squeeze of lime. The king oyster mushrooms cannot be found in the Nordic forests, but are grown in many places in the world. They are found in the wild in Southern Europe, the Middle East, and North Africa. King oyster mushrooms are related to oyster mushrooms, which are growing in the wild on tree trunks in the Nordic forests. You can of course use all kinds of mushrooms for this recipe.
Brown beech mushrooms and oyster mushrooms in homemade soft tacos with guacamole and cheddar cheese
- 400 grams (3 cups) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 2 deciliters (7/8 cup) water
- Neutral oil for frying
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large tomato
- Chili, thyme, oregano and basil, dried
- Juice from a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 400 grams (14 oz) mixed mushrooms, e.g. brown beech mushrooms, king oyster mushrooms and oyster mushrooms
- 1 onion, chopped
- Butter for frying
- 3-4 spring onions
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 lime
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Pour in water and melted butter into the flour mixture. Knead the dough well.
- On a kitchen table, covered in flour, roll out the dough, using a rolling pin. Roll out the dough until it is approx. 2-3 millimeters thin. Use the edge of a small bowl (about 13 cm in diameter) to shape the dough into tacos.
- Fry the tacos on a hot pan with a bit of neutral oil for approx. 1 minute. Fry the tacos on both sides until they start to bubble. You will be able to make approx. 25 tacos.
- Mash the avocados and crush the garlic. Cut the tomato into half and scrape out the core. Discard the core and cut the rest of the tomato into small cubes.
- Mix avocado, tomato, garlic, spices, lime juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a frying-pan over medium heat, melt a bit of butter and sauté the onion for a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir for approx. 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the spring onions into thin slices, cut the lime into quarters and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Serve the hot tacos with mushroom filling, cheddar cheese, guacamole, spring onion and a squeeze of lime juice.