Let me introduce you to this fresh and tasty Christmas salad with red and savoy cabbage, walnuts, orange, and red onion. It is a great contrast to the traditional fat dinner that most of us eat on Christmas Eve. It not only looks amazing, but it also tastes amazing and is full of vitamins. You can add all different kinds of nuts, citrus fruits, and cabbage as you like.
Christmas Salad: Red & Savoy Cabbage, Walnuts, Orange and Red Onion
- 1/2 head of red cabbage , shredded
- 1/2 head of savoy cabbage , shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 20 walnut kernels
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a sealed jar and shake.
- Mix all salad ingredients in your desired salad bowl/plate and drizzle with dressing.